Kaspar was enrolled through our company, UK Football Schools, and joined one of our elite football programme boarding schools. Since joining the programme, Kaspar has been working tremendously hard both in training and in the school fixtures. He has been rewarded for his commitment and hard work with a call up to his country’s national team for his age level.
Kaspar attended a national team training camp in Estonia for the U18 age group, and thoroughly enjoyed his experience. He is now working hard to cement a permanent place in the national squad and the team’s starting eleven.
We managed to speak with Kaspar and asked him some questions based on his experiences at training camp and the training he receives in the elite football programme at his school.
Here’s what Kaspar had to say….
1. Was it the full adult national team you were called up to or was it your age level? “I attended the U18 Estonia national team camp. There were 25 players, all aged 17, from different clubs in Estonia and also Europe. Some players were from teams such as Tottenham Hotspur, Freiburg and Hellas Verona.”
2. How did you come to the attention of the national team? “Because of my past training and through playing for my club in Estonia, my previous coaches recommended me to the coaches of the Estonian national team.”
3. How was the experience? “I really enjoyed the training camp. The facilities were outstanding, the coaches were brilliant and it was very competitive, intense and tiring. I also met up with some of my old friends and made some new friends as well.”
4. What is the next step for you and the national team? “I want to keep representing my country in the future like any footballer would. I am working towards ensuring my place in the squad and starting eleven. This U18 team has the best players in any age group in Estonia. We are capable of great achievements and winning trophies.”
5. Do you feel the training you receive at your school on the elite football programme has helped you with your progress and call up to your country’s national team? “Training at my school’s academy is outstanding. The players, coaches and the environment are amazing, and there is no better place to improve and develop your football skills. The overall standard of the football is really high and this has definitely helped me to progress.”
So, as you can see from these replies, being in the right private boarding school, and receiving the right standards of training and coaching gives players every opportunity to go on and achieve lifelong dreams, like representing your national team as Kaspar has done. We wish Kaspar all the best in his football journey, and we are sure if he continues on his current pathway, with his hard work, dedication and skills, he will achieve all he is hoping to achieve.
If you are interested in the UK Private School Football pathways please get in touch and we will be delighted to help.