UK Football Schools Limited and UK Football Consulting Ltd Terms & Conditions
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply our services to you. By registering your interest in our services, you confirm that:
- you are aged 18 years or over and are registering on behalf of yourself or your child (if your child is under 18 years of age);
- if you are registering on behalf of your child, you confirm that you are the parent or legal guardian with parental responsibility for that child; and
- you have not appointed an educational agent (which represents existing or prospective students or schools).
a) UK Football Schools Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11256870 with its registered office at The Pool Innovation Centre, Trevenson Road, Redruth, United Kingdom, TR15 3PL; and
b) UK Football Consulting Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11884059, with its registered office at The Pool Innovation Centre, Trevenson Road, Redruth, United Kingdom, TR15 3PL.
When we mention "we", "us" or "our" in these terms, we are referring to both of these companies, unless stated otherwise.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to our customer service team at Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org or at our registered office address as set out above.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when registering on our website.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- How to request our services. To register your interest in our services, you will need to complete our online registration form on the ukfootballschools.com website.
- No obligation to provide services. We are not obliged to provide the services to you. If we decide not to accept your request for our services, we will confirm so by email. Otherwise our services will be provided to you in accordance with these terms.
- Our services and charges
- Free Consultation Services. UK Football Schools Limited’s consultation services include providing recommendations to you for your or your child’s enrolment at a school and facilitating communication between you and such recommended school. UK Football Consulting Ltd’s consultation services include providing recommendations to you for your or your child’s enrolment at a university or academy and facilitating communication between you and such recommended university or academy. Our consultation services are provided to you free of charge.
- Paid-for Concierge Services. UK Football Schools Limited provides concierge services (such as accompanying your child on a visit to an establishment, arranging pick up from airports, travel and accommodation). If you or your child wish to obtain these services, you will be required to contact us to make a booking and pay the relevant fee. The amount you pay for our services depends on the services you have ordered. Details of the different packages that are available and the charges payable are available on request. All payments will be taken over the phone or made and processed via our third-party payment software provider, Stripe, in accordance with its terms and conditions. All payments must be made in full in advance.
- Introduction Services. We may introduce you to the following third party service providers. The introduction service provided by us is free of charge, although the services provided by those third parties may require payment of a fee to those third parties:
- UK Football Trials Ltd. If you or your child enrol at a school through UK Football Schools Limited or enrol at a university or academy through UK Football Consulting Ltd, you will be entitled to request a free 1-day football trial through our sister company UK Football Trials Ltd. We will provide you with information on how to make such a request once we have received confirmation that you or your child have enrolled at the establishment. You will be required to register on UK Football Trials’ website and enter into a separate agreement with them.
- Football Guardians Limited. We may introduce you to our sister company, Football Guardians Limited, who may provide advisory services, scout report services, mentoring and/or other services to you. If you decide to purchase these services, you will be required to pay the relevant fee and enter into a separate agreement, which can be found here.
- Pastoral Services Introduction. We may introduce you to third party pastoral care providers. Such pastoral care services are provided by third parties in accordance with their terms and conditions and we are not responsible for any services provided by them.
- Using our services
- Correspondence with schools. You agree that you will not contact, and will not allow any third party to contact on your behalf, any establishment recommended by us without our consent and will comply with our instructions in respect of any such contact. If you circumvent or attempt to circumvent this agreement by entering into any arrangement with any establishment recommended by us, and as a result we do not obtain payment of any referral fee that would otherwise have been due to us by such establishment or other third party, you agree that you will be liable to us for payment of such referral fee that would have been due to us.
- Acceptance of recommendations. You are under no obligation to accept any recommendation we make to you as part of our consultation services or to enter into any agreement with any third party we introduce you to as part of our introduction services. You are responsible for making the final decision as to whether you act upon our recommendations or introductions or not and we take no responsibility for your decision.
- If you accept our recommendations. If you or your child intend to enrol at an establishment recommended by us, you agree:
- to notify us that you or your child intend to enrol at such establishment;
- to notify such establishment that you were referred to them by us, in accordance with our instructions; and
- that we have no control over and cannot accept any responsibility for the services provided by the establishments. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your enrolment at such establishment(s).
- Provision of information. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the services to you (for example, information about your or your child’s health before attendance at our events and/or enrolment at an establishment; proof of age; or proof of parental responsibility for your child). We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 7.4 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for not supplying any part of the services if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- If you or your child attend any of our events, activities or trips, you agree:
- to comply with our reasonable instructions including in relation to health and safety, and any instructions provided by the relevant venue;
- that your child will be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult where required by us;
- to ensure that you or your child will not be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol;
- that you will not act abusively or threaten any of our staff or other attendees; and
- that we are entitled to take photographs, film and record you and your child and any such photographs, films and recordings will belong to us.
- Insurance. If you or your child intend to participate in any football events or activities organised by us or on our behalf, you should ensure that you have adequate insurance in place, including adequate personal injury insurance.
- Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that all intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with our services (including the copyright in our website, social media content and any photographs, films or recordings we take as part of the services) shall be owned by us, and you are not entitled to use any of our content, trademarks, trade names, domain names or social media handles unless we have specifically allowed you to do so.
- If you do not comply with these terms. You agree that you are responsible for complying with your obligations under these terms, and failure to comply with your obligations under these terms may result in legal action against you.
- Our responsibility
- Our services. We aim to carry out our services for you with reasonable skill and care. However, we cannot guarantee that a suitable recommendation can be made to you or that the use of our services will lead to any particular result for you or your child.
- Compliance with laws. We will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice when providing the services to you.
- We are responsible to you for loss and damage caused by our negligence. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill when providing the services, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen. Our total liability to you for sub-standard performance of the services shall be limited to £1million.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services including the right to receive services which are supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- We are not responsible for your property. We will not be responsible for any of your or your child’s property if they are stolen, lost, damaged or left behind at any of our events, activities or trips.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for personal use. If you use our services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are not liable for services provided by third parties. Any services provided to you by third parties to which we have introduced you or which we have recommended to you are provided under the terms and conditions of those third party service providers and we make no endorsement of their services nor accept any responsibility for the suitability or standard of the services provided by them.
- If we cancel our services. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any of our events, activities or trips. If an event is cancelled by us and we are unable to reschedule, we will refund any money paid by you in respect of such event. If our supply of the services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- If you wish to change your mind. If you wish to cancel any of your paid-for services, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your booking. If you cancel within this period, we will refund any money paid by you in respect of such paid-for service. See clause 8 below for details of how to cancel your booking. Please note that if you request cancellation of your booking within the 14 day cancellation period and we have started to provide the services to you, then you will have to pay us the cost of services you have received up to the point when you notify us of cancellation.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done. You can end the contract if we have materially breached the contract, or if there is a risk that supply of the services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control. If you are ending a contract for any of these reasons, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services which have not been provided. See clause 8 below for details of how to end your contract.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if you breach the terms of this agreement including by not complying with your obligations set out in clause 5.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situation set out in clause 7.4 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- How to end the contract with us
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by contacting us by doing one of the following:
(a) Phone or email. Call customer services on 07940 410739 or email us at Chris.email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the booking and, where available, your phone number and email address.
(b) By post. Print off the form (available in the SCHEDULE to this contract) and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- How we will make any refunds which are due to you. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible by the method you used for payment. If you are exercising your right to cancel within the 14 day cancellation period in accordance with clause 7.2, then any refund due to you will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You may not transfer your rights to someone else without our consent. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English and Welsh law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English and Welsh courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English and Welsh courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English and Welsh courts.
10.7 Complaints. If you are unhappy with our services, we will do our best to put things right – please contact our Customer Success Team for more information about how we handle complaints. If you are unhappy with how we have handled any complaint, and it relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may also be able to submit your complaint to a certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’ (via http://ec.europa.eu/odr). The ODR platform is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to online contracts.